Why B2B Projects & Solutions are highly collaborative endeavors?
In order to understand why a collaborative approach is essential in the field of B2B Projects & Solutions, we need to understand what makes this field specific.
B2B Projects & Solutions are found in such sectors:
- Energy & Utilities
- IT, Software, Telecom
- Security & Defense
- Construction & Engineering
For example, B2B Projects & Solutions can be a website for a small size company, a digitalization project, a public administration building, or a megaproject in the energy sector.
These B2B Projects & Solutions, apparently widely diverse, have a common pattern: they share four characteristics.
The 4 characteristics common to all B2B Projects & Solutions
B2B Projects & Solutions are always:
- New & Unique
- Critical during the Development Phase
These four common characteristics are interrelated and make B2B Projects & Solutions inherently complex.
This complexity can only be overcome by a high level of collaboration between all parties. A collaborative strategy maximizes their chance of mutual success.
Conversely, the lack of collaboration in B2B Projects & Solutions is the root cause of problems and failures in most cases, sooner or later.
In other words, collaboration is the main factor that makes us succeed or fail in B2B Projects & Solutions, at one stage or the other.
So, if collaboration, among people and organizations, is the right strategy to address B2B Projects & Solutions, how to organize it methodically?
This is the purpose of Managed Collaboration.
The Bridge to Managed Collaboration
Collaboration between people is what makes your projects succeed. Or Fail.
How do you establish and maintain this collaboration?
MANAGED COLLABORATION is about managing collaboration in a purposeful and structured way to succeed more consistently.
WHAT IS MANAGED COLLABORATION (MCO)?
- MCO is the management system enabling the purposeful and structured management of collaborative relationships in B2B projects.
- MCO is to improve the odds of success for clients and suppliers in developing high-value solutions.
- MCO proceeds from whole system strategies, to realize optimally integrated solutions.
- MCO is about learning how to respect and communicate between participants.
- MCO meetings have energy and create high-quality communication.
- MCO is about creating a team focused on the same objectives and unleashing trust between stakeholders.
- MCO is a framework for planning and making informed decisions.
- MCO is the ethical and sustainable way of doing business in projects.
MANIFESTO FOR A BETTER WAY
|MANAGED COLLABORATION||OVER||THE USUAL WAY|
|II||A joint-development of the solution||OVER||Silo-based|
|III||A whole-system approach to the solution||OVER||Fragmented, piecemeal approach|
|IV||A rational decision-making process||OVER||Myopic, emotional decision-making|
|V||A common collaborative mindset||OVER||Self-interest|
|VI||Superior communication||OVER||Fear and defensiveness|
|VII||Creating a best value solution||OVER||Lowest price|
|VIII||Having a great experience together||OVER||Short-lived, low-quality relationships|